What is an immigration reference letter?
This formal letter is usually written and will be forwarded to the consular officer. It is also well known as a letter of recommendation for immigration.
Its writing letter aims to support a person's visa application or other proceedings by adding value to the immigrant and outlining their good codes of conduct such as morality, work ethic, and integrity.
Immigrants typically look for people with a good reputation in their community to help them write this reference letter. The recommenders who write this letter can be:
- An employer is a good option, whether a former or current one, because they will give creditability on the letter.
- A close friend(s) who has been in your life for a long time.
- A neighbor who knows the applicant well.
- Relatives (it is less preferred unless you cannot find anyone outside of your immediate circle willing to write it)
Equally important, these individuals must be citizens or legal residents of the country the applicant wishes to migrate to.
Why does the applicant need An Immigration Letter Of Support?
An immigration letter of support is a valuable document that can significantly contribute to the success of a visa application. The process of immigrating to a new country can be complicated and requires various forms of documentation to be submitted. The consular officers carefully review these documents, including applicants' backgrounds and reasons for wanting to enter the country.
Having an immigration letter of support from a legal resident of the destination country, such as a friend, relative, or employer, can significantly increase the chances of a successful application. This letter serves to affirm the applicant's ties to the community and provides clarification of their intentions for staying in the country, making it an essential consideration in the immigration process.
Things you should know before writing this immigration letter
Remember that the legal citizen at the destination will be responsible for writing this letter, not the applicant. However, If you are an applicant who wishes to migrate to that country, you can help your sender prepare a detailed draft letter with your information. This way, it will be convenient for both sides to compose this immigration letter of support quickly.
On the other hand, you are the one who is asked to write this letter; then we recommend that the first step you should take is to gather all necessary information and the immigration intention of the applicant. For instance, you can ask your requestor to give you a must-include checklist of points highlighted for the letter. If they intend to apply for a work visa, you may require their resume and job description to customize your letter.
How to write a good reference immigration letter?
You can skip this part and use our editable templates instead to speed up the writing process, or we will guide you step by step to create a formal immigration letter of support as follows:
1. Start with the date and the salutation
The sender must add the date to validate the newly written letter. Following is a salutation to the consular officer in the 🔗 immigration officials or "To whom it may concern." if you do not know the name of the recipient. The employer should add a logo or company header if this letter is sent from an organization.
2. Give a brief introduction
Introduce yourself, including your name, citizen status, and job title. It is crucial to demonstrate a brief background of your relationship with the applicant.
3. Provide a persuasive reason in the body letter
The most important part of the letter is where you explain and persuade the consular officer why the person should be granted citizenship.
- Firstly, start by establishing the nature of your relationship with the applicant in this paragraph, substantiating it with concrete evidence. Detail how you both are acquainted and connected. For example, How do you both know each other?
- Next, talk about the good things about the person – how they act at work, with friends, and their positive qualities with the community.
- Lastly, share specific examples or achievements to prove your point. This helps build trust with the officers who make decisions about citizenship.
4. Close strong
Provide your sincere recommendation by using these phrases such as: "I strongly believe," "I highly recommend," or "I have no doubt that". In this way, you will emphasize why this applicant deserves to obtain the relief he's requesting.
5. Leave personal contact details
After reviewing this letter, the immigration officers may contact you for additional questions or requests for your identity document. It is essential to provide your contact details, such as phone number and email contact. Close the letter with your signature. If you are the employer, you can also count on a company stamp for the authenticity of this letter.
HighlightOnce you complete your letter, you can send it to the applicant for reviewing and confirming information. After verification, the Applicant can now attach the notarized and signed letter with the visa application to submit.
Free templates of Recommendation letters for immigration
We created the most common recommendation letter editable templates for your reference. You can also choose one of our templates to edit and customize freely with us in only three easy steps.
- Select the template of the immigration letter of support.
- Fill in the simple questionnaire and review your draft.
- Download in PDF or Word. You can adjust the text again freely.
Immigration Letter Of Support Template
Immigration Reference Letter Template
Here is another sample recommendation letter for immigration from an employer created by TemplatesGo team that you can edit within minutes.
More templates for specific cases
If our standard immigration support letter doesn't cover your specific situation, you can explore 🔗additional templates available at the end of our article. Otherwise, choose the template that best fits your needs, input your details, and easily customize our template text using our Editor platform.
- Character reference letter for immigration for a female friend
- sample immigration letter of support for a male friend
- family member's letter of support for immigration
- Reference Letter to Support Immigration Marriage From A Close Friend
Related PostSimilarly, we provide a related 🔗Invitation Letter For U.S. Visa Template for writing an invitation letter for U.S. tourist visa purposes. In this article, you will find out what requirements are from Embassy and free templates to use.